Sunday, October 20, 2019

Moana



For hundreds of years, some of the greatest sailors on earth sailed the vast Pacific Ocean on their handmade boats. I remember reading about their voyages of discovery. It's known that the early days Polynesians discovered lots of different islands along their sailing routes. What is not so well known is exactly why they stopped their voyages of exploration some three-thousand years ago. That is one of the reasons I enjoyed the CG animated movie Moana so much. The move seemed to pick up where my limited Polynesian sailing knowledge drops off. I like boats, mysteries and now I like the movie Moana! In my mind, Moana picked up where her ancestors left off and continued the tradition of the early way-finders.

The beautiful island girl embraced by the ocean sets out on a quest to restore nature's vitality beauty and balance to her home island and beyond. The story of this beautiful Polynesian chief's daughter was both exciting and educational for me, especially when it came to learning about Polynesian folklore like the demigod Maui and his fantastic hook. This animated action feature film certainly appealed to this audience member. I enjoyed all of the crazy characters and the movie's message about self-discovery. So, without giving up too much to the few of you who may not have already seen the movie Moana I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

For those of you who have already enjoyed this fantastic Disney production, you are no doubt already familiar with many of the characters shown below along with their personalities like Heihei (the senseless chicken) or the cute but deadly Kakamora coconut pirate creatures, the giant signing crab with delusions of grandeur and the no-nonsense lava monstrosity. All of the characters and actions in this movie made for a fantastic movie experience for me and my grandkids, I can truly say that Moana is a movie made for everyone. 



Powered by Zazzle Affiliate Helper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Coloring and Activity Books

Coloring books, Kid's activity books, and ready to be packed with action, Kid's adventure books can all be found here. Books for age...